New Heights Groups takes a tailored approach to strategic planning for healthcare organizations. While there are common components to most strategic planning engagements, we understand that providers differ in their need for content vs. process, level of buy-in and participation, timing and other factors driving the approach.
We seek to ensure a logical planning process that best meets the needs of each client, resulting in maximum success. We also focus on plan implementation, ending our planning engagements with specific management action plans that facilitate the transition from plan to action.
We have assisted a variety of healthcare organizations with their strategic planning efforts, including multi-hospital systems, community hospitals, rural and critical access hospitals, integrated health systems, specialty hospitals, and non-hospital subsidiaries of larger systems.
We provide strategic planning assistance through:
- Plan development, when there is no plan or the existing plan is no longer useful.
- Plan updating, when existing plan components – for instance data, major assumptions, and analyses – are still relevant, but the overall plan needs to be refreshed.
- Advisory services, provided on an ongoing basis, most typically through a retainer relationship.
- Strategic program planning, for specific services, service lines and specialty units.
- Focused assistance, with one or a few activities, such as conducting interviews or developing a competitor assessment.
- Plan review, to provide an outside perspective on a plan developed internally.
- Planning facilitation, for the entire process or selected components, such as a review of the organization’s mission, vision, and values; and facilitating organizational retreats.
We work closely with internal resources to leverage strengths and minimize duplication of effort.
Click here for an initial consultation with New Heights Group.