Ms. Kurtz is a Consultant with New Heights Group. During her 15 years in the health care industry she has worked with payers, providers and employers specializing in strategic planning and program development. She has extensive experience working with disease management, employee assistance, behavioral health and wellness programs. As a health care consultant, her focus has been on helping private and public sector organizations maximize employee health and reduce their health plan expenditures. Over her career, she has gained extensive experience in data analysis, program development, strategic planning, client relations and project management.
Examples of her work experience include:
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative data analyses related to behavioral health strategic planning for a number of hospital clients across the country.
- Managed the RFP process for a community hospital selecting a behavioral health management company.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews for a community health needs assessment.
- Directed the Organizational Health Strategies Division of a managed behavioral health care plan that developed and integrated programs across the continuum of care.
- Managed the design and implementation of disease management and employee assistance programs for corporate clients to maximize quality, access and cost effectiveness.
- Analyzed health care cost and utilization patterns for private and public sector organizations, and made recommendations on programs to improve the health of employees and dependents and reduce costs to employers.
- Evaluated the quality and effectiveness of health plans and programs, ranging from commercial insurance to employee assistance for private and public sector employers.
- Trained employees and managers of private and public sector organizations on wellness and mental health topics, including stress management, work/life balance, time/energy management and attitude and health.
Ms. Kurtz is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives. She holds a Masters of Health Care Administration and a B.S. in Biology both from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.