Mr. Gershon is a founding Principal of New Heights Group. He has spent more than 35 years as a healthcare consultant, specializing in strategic planning, market research, program development and facility development for clients throughout the US. A representative sampling of engagements includes:
- Assisted with the development of a strategic plan for an academic health system that includes a university hospital as well as two community hospitals. Key issues included market growth strategies, physician/ medical school relationships, clinical/system integration and positioning/branding.
- Developed ambulatory services strategies for several clients including community hospitals and regional health systems. Worked with the system’s senior leadership teams to determine products/services to be offered, market opportunities and organizational structure for this fast growing business segment.
- Served as the strategic planning advisor to a Midwestern health system. In addition to assisting with annual plan development, activities have included facilitation of retreats, senior management work sessions and analyses related to future visioning for the system, service and market expansion opportunities, physician relationships, service line development and system integration initiatives.
- Prepared a market growth strategy for an integrated health system, which included an evaluation of the strategic desirability of acquiring another hospital in a contiguous market. Other engagements with this client have involved facilitating retreats and work sessions with senior management on issues that have included strategic visioning, system integration, and service line management.
- Worked with a large faith based system to develop a plan for integrating the behavioral health services that were historically provided by two competing hospitals. This was the first attempt at clinical integration between two hospitals that were just beginning to function as a system.
Mr. Gershon is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives and currently serves as the Regent for New Mexico. He is a Fellow and past Chair of the Board of Directors of the American Association of Healthcare Consultants, has served on the Board of the Health Services Management and Leadership Alumni Association at The George Washington University, is listed in Who’s Who in Health Care, is a member of Strategic Health Care Marketing’s Editorial Advisory Board,and has participated as a panel member or speaker in workshops and seminars on various hospital and health related issues. Mr. Gershon is a frequent contributor to the healthcare literature with articles and quotes appearing in Hospitals and Health Networks, Healthcare Executive, Modern Healthcare, Health Care Strategic Management and The Journal of Healthcare Management.